Wednesday, June 5, 2013

June 9 SART ride!

6-5-13: Hey guys, will be riding this Sun. on the bike path at 8:00 AM, so hope to see some of you there! I'm now starting to gear up to train for my first century ride in Oct., so will do my best to make our monthly rides. 

Other Sunday Rides
I'm also looking at joining the RWBTC rides on the other Sundays from the coffee place on the corner of Alabama. They usually do about 20-30 miles, and have designated people to stay with everyone so that no one is left behind. Probably a step up from our group since they all do wear lycra, but it sounds like they do have beginners who ride with them and re-group at various spots.

The leader even told me that sometimes, if some are obviously not going to make the whole ride, he will take them on a short-cut back so they aren't left to "die" out there on the ride!

So it sounds like a good group to join. They ride at 8:00 AM Sun. AMs and will switch to 7 or 7:30 AM Sundays starting July. You can see more on their website: http://rwbtc.org/

2 comments:

  1. which century are you riding? maybe we can ride with you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, we've already been texting...I have to really up my training but I'm trying to find a better seat for this. ;-)

      Delete