Monday, July 16, 2012

Beg. Mtn. Bike rides; Sun. news

7-16-12: Hi all, This AM's ride was cooler--and Roxy ran a LOT faster this AM--so I hope it's that way this week compared to last week! ;-)

Tues. 7:30 AM mtn bike ride
We're having our 2nd mtn bike ride up in Hulda Crooks Park tomorrow AM. We may have more riders...was talking to a new patient this AM and she just bought a new bike and is eager to try it out on both dirt and road. So if you're a BEGINNER mtn biker, then this is the ride for you!!! If you are looking to ride the Jedi and go all the way to Razor's Edge or up the Mother, then this is NOT the ride for you (even though you're welcome to join us). We take a LOT of breaks, based on the needs of the group, and we don't go very far since they are first starting out, so if this is you, come and join us! (I also do this on the 1st and 3rd Suns when we are not riding on the SART Bike Path.

THIS Sunda...SART!
Speaking of which, we're out at SART this Sun. I've missed the last couple since before we left for Nicaragua so plan to be there this Sun and head to Mt. Rubi again. So I hope to see some of you there! 

I know there will be a small group from ESRI that will be joining us most likely, so will keep an eye out for these first-timers to join us. 

August Sun. rides
Looking ahead, I think it's time to do a bike path ride down to the beach, don't you? The one I've done in the past starts at Anaheim Stadium and goes down to Huntington beach. It's about 12 miles 1-way, so I may find a spot that is a bit closer for those who don't want to do a 24-mile round trip ride. (Anyone have any good suggestions as to where to start closer? I heard there was a Costco that was closer and next to the bike path. Let me know!). 

If you're interested in going, let me know which Sun. would work best for you:
A. Aug. 12
B. Aug. 26
C. Either Sunday

Send your vote via e-mail and let me know! Then from those who express an interest, we'll finalize a time that the majority what to start at.

C-ya Tues and/or Sunday!

Dr. Ernie

No comments:

Post a Comment