Friday, August 5, 2011

Unscheduled DIRT ride this Sun!!!

Hi Team Cyclefit riders,

This is the FIRST Sun. of the month, so it's off our scheduled bike path ride...BUT that doesn't mean we can't ride! If anyone wants to ride in the DIRT, then you're more than welcome to join my daughter and I. (She's 14 y/o so you know we aren't going on anything gnarly!). If you're a beginner, this is a great place to learn mtn. biking. I'll have all the tools, first aid, cell phone, etc. so if anything happens (which it won't!), you'll be ok.

Here are the details. Come on out if you have a mtn. bike and want to join in some fun in the dirt!!!

Who: Team CycleFit riders, friends, BMG/Epic employees, beginner mountain bikers welcome
When: Sun, Aug. 7
Time: 8:08 AM (my daughter wants 8:30 AM so it'll be between 8 and 8:30 AM! LOL!)
Where: Hulda Crooks Park - I park at the tennis courts near the b-ball courts, but most park at the start of the trail, past the small dog park. If you don't know where Hulda Crooks Park is, just exit off Mountain View in Loma Linda, head South (away from the mountains) and go all the way on it and you'll go right into Hulda Crooks Park!
What: Mtn. bike ride on fire roads--no scary single track (well just one small part, but I widened it for beginners to ride! :-) About a 3 mile loop, so not long at all. Has some good climbs and fun downhills (you can walk down if it's too steep for your comfort level; I lower Summer's seat down so she feels more confident going downhill)

If you get lost, or need something, feel free to call me on my cell: 909-747-5935. I'm up at 5:00 AM so feel free to call me anytime after that.

Hope to see some of our TCF riders there this Sunday!!!

Dr. Ernie
Team CycleFit Director

No comments:

Post a Comment